Video Production Team
Video Production Team
If you love creating video by capturing moving images (videography), and creating combinations and reductions of parts of what you’ve captured in live production and post-production (video editing) then join this team! Note: This team is project base To know the details of each team options, please see the bottom of the page.
Wanna check out other Teams, CLICK HERE!
The Director represents and leads the team working on the project, schedule meeting and for overseeing the creative aspects of the video. The Director will help to ensure that all processes are followed and will report team progress to our Content Development Manager. See the directors role below:
- Overseeing the creative aspects of a film, including controlling the content and flow of the film’s plot, directing the performances of actors, selecting the locations in which the film will be shot, and managing technical details such as the positioning of cameras, the use of lighting, and the timing and content of the film’s soundtrack.
- Also make sure that all copyright laws are followed, proper copyright permissions are secured, and credits for materials and work are properly referenced in the video.
- In some cases, the Director may also construct the storyboards.
If you love doing that, choose this role.
Here’s the Producer’s role when we have video projects:
- coordinates the project schedule and the tasks during the entire project. R
- Responsible for communicating the next steps to all team members so that the project stays on schedule and meets the project objective(s).
- Will reserve equipment, supplies, and location if needed for the day’s work and be in charge of making sure all supplies and equipment are returned on time.
- Basically manages the production day and team operations.
- Also reviews the work log for the team members, analysis of what changes may need to be made to the schedule, and reporting issues to the Director.
Choose this role if you’re that organize!
Cast / Actor
Oh you know part too well! This is a role in which many team members may be able to participate. Most likely, you will be assign specific roles in video. If you have that skill and confidence, Join this team! You don’t need to be a professional one to be part of this team. We only do vlog-type, VJ-type, simple-scripted video projects here.
The Video Editor will…
- Facilitate the process of viewing the footage with the team
- Decides what shots should be used, and making the final edits.
- In-charge of adding music, consistent transitions, correct titles, text, and credits, while providing the video with an overall “look and feel” that meets the project objectives.
- You will work closely with the Producer(s), Writers, and Set Designer to guide the overall effects of the film and lead the review of progress to the team during meetings. The Film Editor should be able to select the best scenes and combine these with appropriate and effective special effects.
Our Graphic team will work with you closely if needed. So, if you love working behind the desktop or a mac! Sign up as Video Editor
Researcher / Script Writer
This team always gets the limelight during the team meetings. You’ll love the ideas that flows out of their mouth. So you are…
- Responsible for finding, analyzing, and compiling the information necessary for the video project.
- Your role may include, but is not limited to the following:
- primary source materials (documents, photos, music, etc.),
- and finding facts or statistics. (All research should be conducted using credible library resources).
- Depending on the size of the project, you provide the exact wording, the script, to be used for the video project.
- You role involves reviewing the research information to determine what facts might best convey the video’s message, then paraphrasing the research materials. In many cases, the Script Writer creates original writing that may not be directly related to the factual information, such as dialogue between characters or entertainment-based work.
So if you love developing cool ideas for the video. Join this team!
Storyboard and Set Designer
Do you love drawing and designing? Join this team! Your role is to create the scenes for the video production on paper and establishes the environment for each scene prior to the start of filming.
- You will sketch every scene in proper, numbered order before any filming takes place.
- Develope the storyboard template showing production details, such as camera angles, lighting, and text captions that describe the action of each scene. Storyboarding is an important pre-production planning task, however, at times, a great idea will arise during filming which will cause storyboards, scripts, and even research to be necessarily modified.
- On the production day, you establish the environment for each scene prior to the start of filming may include simply organizing the props on the set, or finding the necessary resources needed to create the scene.
- The Set Designer is responsible for gathering props, costumes, and setting the stage design.
- You will work closely with the Camera Operator to arrange the setting to match the specific camera
Is this cool for you? Sign in now
Sound and Camera Operator
This is the team where you always have a chance to handle the camera. And you’ll be..
- In charge of the equipment during the shoot.
- You may gain direction from the Producer and/or Set Designer, but will be the person responsible for creating the digital video footage.
- Actual capturing duties may include ensuring there is enough videotape and that the lighting and audio will be correctly captured, marking the taped scenes, allowing “black space” between scenes for later adding transitions, and knowing what scenes may need to be a re-shot the same day.
- You creates clear scenes in order to make the editing process more efficient.
- You make sure you not only capture the proper sound quality the day of the shoot(s), but also to research music, to obtain permissions for use, and to suggest other sound “clips” to the team.
You’re the one that make sure you capture all the good stuff. If that is you. join this team!
Wanna check out other Teams, CLICK HERE!